1C:Enterprise 8. Manufacturing Enterprise Management
"1C:Enterprise 8. Manufacturing Enterprise Management" business application is a complex solution covering main management and accounting directions. It allows establishing a common information system for management of various aspects of enterprise activities.
1. Production management:
- Production planning.
- Expenses management and cost value calculation.
- Product data management.
2. Fixed assets management and repair planning.
3. Financial management:
- Enterprise budgeting.
- Funds management.
- Mutual settlements management.
- Enterprise accounting and tax accounting.
- International Accounting Standards(IAS).
- Consolidated reports generation.
4. Warehouse management.
5. Sales management
6. Purchases management
7. Customer relations management
8. Personnel monitoring and job rating
9. HR & Payroll calculation
10. Enterprise monitoring and economic activity analysis
Manufacturing Enterprise Management application is targeted to enterprises with the personnel number from tens to several thousands, with tens and hundreds workstations, such as holding companies and multi-level companies.
The application was produced with close co-operation with PricewaterhouseCoopers and includes modern international enterprise management methods (such as MRP II, CRM, SCM, ERP, others) as well as the experience accumulated by 1C Company itself and its partners in automating manufacturing enterprises.
Production management subsystem helps to significantly reduce production costs through building and optimizing an enterprise's production plan.
Functionality of the subsystem is targeted to planning departments, production departments, production control departments and others.
The production management subsystem includes several modules, described below.
It's intended for medium- and long-term production planning and resource demands planning, also for analysis of planned plans vs. actual completion of them. Production planning takes into account many parameters, feasibility control and plan execution monitoring from various points of view at a time:
- By departments and managers;
- By projects and sub-projects;
- By key resources;
- By nomenclature groups and individual nomenclature items.
From the plans made up in “Sales management" subsystem it draws up expected production volumes from point of view of nomenclature groups (or, if necessary, of individual items, too).
It detects differences between aggregated and adjusted plans, planned daily tasks, real production data.
Production goals are drawn up, execution monitoring and production lag estimation.
There is a capability to produce consumption tables and availability of the main (key) types of resources when producing nomenclature groups or individual nomenclature items.
Aggregated production plan is checked for conformity with limiting factors, such as availability of the main resources.
Key resources' availability is monitored.
Planning production in shifts
The subsystem is intended for short-term production planning from point of view of individual nomenclature units, also for production plan execution analysis by production control department.
It provides the following capabilities:
- Forming production plan in shifts
- Determination of available resource capacities
- Execution control
Cost management and manufacture costs calculation
One of the most important points in competitive activity is production cost saving, cost management. The system reflects real production costs; that allows to make efficient measures to reduce manufacture costs and manufacture costs, improving business profitability.
The main functions of the subsystem are the following:
- Accounting of actual expenditures for a reporting period from required points of view, in monetary and real terms.
- Real-time quantitative resources accounting in incomplete production.
- Accounting of actual remainders of incomplete production by the end of reporting period, from required points of view.
- Accounting of spoilage in production and on stocks.
- Calculation of actual manufacture costs.
- Manufacture costs calculation for a month for issue documents – for direct costs and for planned manufacture costs.
- Accounting of reduction of goods made on commission
- Calculation of actual cost of incomplete production remainders by the end of reporting period.
- Providing reports on manufacture cost composition order.
- Providing report for shifts for goods production and production services.
- Providing data on manufacture costs structure for estimation of deviations from figures defined.
- Group calculation of planned production costs.
Product data management
This functionality gives control over product composition data and product routes through production departments and stocks.
- Specification types – ‘full’ and ‘assembly’.
- Specification versions
- Active/inactive specifications
- Specification Wizard – for quick and convenient adding of new specifications or their versions.
Fixed assets management and repair planning
Using the subsystem functionality one can plan and control maintenance works and hardware maintenance:
- Provide standard documents for fixed assets maintenance
- Schedule fixed assets maintenance and resource for this.
- Store results of the maintenance performed.
- Analyze deviations of terms and volumes of maintenance
The system all main operations of fixed assets accounting and supports a wide range of amortization calculation ways.
Using this subsystem together with the distributed database support (see '1CEnterprise 8 - the platform' section for more details on this) allows to arrange efficient financial management for holding companies and corporations, improving transparency of their activity an investment attractiveness.
This subsystem can be used by chief financial officer, accounts department's and economic planning department's staff, other financial departments.
The subsystem implements functions for financial planning on an enterprise:
- Planning of movements of funds for any period from point of view of time periods, financial centers, projects, balances and turnovers, additional analytics.
- Monitoring for actual enterprise activity for the same points of view
- Summary reporting by results of the monitoring.
- Checking for conformity of expenditure applications to work plan for the period.
- Financial analysis
- Funds availability analysis
- Analysis of deviations of planned and actual data
Funds management (treasury)
It performs the following functions:
- Multi-currency balance accounting
- Registration of planned earnings for future payments, on bank accounts and cash registers.
- Placing funds to expected inpayments.
- Making up a payment schedule.
- Drawing up all necessary basic documents.
- Integration with 'bank client' systems.
- Spreading a payment document's sum across several agreements and deals.
Mutual settlements management
The subsystem is used for optimization of financial and substantial streams.
It allows to analyze a debt changing in time and it operates with two types of debts – actual and expected.
The subsystem's main goals are the following:
- Detection of a debt appearance (of the enterprise, as well as before the enterprise).
- Detection of reasons of the debt.
- Current debt state analysis and history.
Accounting capabilities implemented in the system are designed to meet the state legislation, as well as business demands, and include:
- Bank and cash transactions
- Fixed assets and intangible property
- Accounting of materials, goods, production
- Cost accounting and manufacture cost calculation
- Currency transactions
- Settlements with companies and private persons
- Wage settlements
- Budget settlements
Accounting for several juridical persons within a information base is supported.
Such structure of organization of accounting allows automating enterprises with quite complicated organizational structure.
Tax accounting for profit tax is carried out independently on business accounting. Business transactions are reflected in parallel in both business and tax accounting. The documents recording business transactions provide the possibility to enter and to show data for tax accounting later.
Accounting methods and information storage mechanisms are similar in business and tax accounting, providing the possibility to compare data from both sides.
Accounting according to IAS
The subsystem of accounting according to International Accounting Standards (IAS) developed by 1C Company in co-operation with PricewaterhouseCoopers Company provides a complete methodological basis for enterprises to establish their accounting in concordance with IAS. It may be customized for a particular enterprise character.
The subsystem includes a separate chart of accounts as provided by IAS, customizable by a user, and provides:
- Financial accounting and preparation of individual as well as aggregated financial reports according to IAS;
- Translation of most of transactions from business accounting subsystem, with customizable rules;
- Accounting according local and international standards in parallel – for the areas where there are significant differences between the standards' requirements.
- Posting of user-specified regulation documents.
The subsystem can be also adjusted for accounting and producing reports according to other international standards, such as US GAAP.
This module's functionality corresponds to that in 'Trade Management' application, though it meets specific manufacturing enterprise's needs.
Apart from warehouse management sub-system itself, it also provides timely and thorough information for an enterprise's chief commercial officer. It provides stock information from any points of view with high level of details: up to goods specification (color, size, dimensions, etc.) or serial numbers and use-by dates. Stock cost estimations are also provided.
Statistical check means allow estimating commercial appeal of every item by its share in the enterprise's turnover or profit, detecting those being sold with hard, considering such criteria as average time spent on stock, cost for a period and turnover rate.
This module corresponds to that in 'Trade Management' application, providing complete automation of sales process on a manufacturing enterprise, in both wholesale and retail, including pricing:
- automated price formation basing on receipt documents and trade extras
- various discounts: automated, manual, by discount cards;
- time periods for discounts validity
- flexible conditions for discounts: by total purchase, by the number of a particular item, etc.
- separate wholesale and retail discounts
- formal confirmation of a discount cancelation
This module corresponds to that in 'Trade Management' application. It provides purchase managers with information necessary for timely and optimal purchases.
CRM and personnel monitoring and job rating
This module corresponds to that in 'Trade Management' application. Capabilities of the subsystem are used in relations with any contractors and used by chief commercial officer, chief marketing officer, personnel of marketing and supply departments.
In addition to the standard e-mail functionality, the subsystem also includes developed e-mail means:
- Assigning responsible persons and completion control.
- Keeping correspondence history;
- Access right control for address book (down to particular e-mail addresses);
- Contact information import from popular e-mail clients;
- Sending out e-mails upon event occurrence (such as payment settlement).
Human resources and payroll calculation
This module corresponds to the one in 'HR Management and Payroll' application.
Enterprise monitoring and economic activity analysis
Manufacturing Enterprise Management application includes powerful and flexible reporting system, allowing analyzing and controlling almost all aspects of production and commercial activity of an enterprise on-the-fly.
Basic features of the system include:
- Intellectual report generation tools, not requiring programming.
- Spreadsheet design
- Summary tables
- Linear, hierarchical and cross reports
- Grouping support
- Drill-down functionality
- Visual data representation means
Information can be presented from any points of view and with required details. Level of details can be adjusted by a user, as well as grouping and filtering parameters, according to specificity of tasks.
Individual reports settings can be saved for future use.
This module corresponds to the one in 'Trade Management' application.